Tuesday, December 9, 2014

1) Relate what was discussed in class or the text to the screening.

I could not make it to the class, on the day of the film, but if I had to assume the class discussion I would have to assume it centered around Stanley Kubrick and his adaptation of the novel A Clockwork Orange. Prior to this film Kubrick directed A Space Oddity 2001 the big budget award winner. The next film Kubrick directed was A Clockwork Orange a low budget film that he had directed to prove to the critics that he could direct a low budget film. I would also have to assume that the film became a catapult for Malcolm McDowell, this being his breakout role.



2) Find a related article (on the film, director, studio, actor/actress, artistic content, etc.)

and summarize the content. You may use the library or the internet.


The article is a Q&A with the actor who portrays Alex, Malcolm McDowell. In the article the interviewer and the interviewe remember the legendary director and movie in a series of questions that let the reader in on behind the scenes goings.

 Cite the article or copy the url to your journal entry. Summarize in your own words the

related article but do not plagiarize any content.


http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/11/29/malcolm-mcdowell-stanley-kubrick-clockwork-orange/

3) Apply the article to the film screened in class. How did the article support or

change the way you thought about the film, director, content, etc.?

The article sheds light on the life of Stanley Kubrick and the movies he directed. He seemed to be a bit of a show off. He made the film to prove he could not for what the film was worth.


4) Write a critical analysis of the film, including your personal opinion, formed as

a result of the screening, class discussions, text material and the article. I am less

interested in whether you liked or disliked a film, (although that can be part of this) than I

am in your understanding of its place in film history or the contributions of the director.

A  Clockwork Orange is another first for for movie culture. Just as 2001: A Space Oddity did for ScyFy, A Clockwork Orange did for suspenseful psychological thrillers. The movie was in fact banned in England for several years due to its graphic nature. This is a film that could never have been produced years ago let alone in the 1970's. All in all it is a great film that makes its audience question our own  morality.



Plagiarism Statement: Attach this to the end of every journal assignment.

CHECKLIST FOR PLAGIARISM 1) (x ) I have not handed in this assignment for any

other class. 2) (x ) If I reused any information from other papers I have written for other

classes, I clearly explain that in the paper. 3) (x ) If I used any passages word for word, I

put quotations around those words, or used indentation and citation within the text. 4) ( x

) I have not padded the bibliography. I have used all sources cited in the bibliography in

the text of the paper. 5) (x ) I have cited in the bibliography only the pages I personally

read. 6) (x ) I have used direct quotations only in cases where it could not be stated in

another way. I cited the source within the paper and in the bibliography. 7) ( x) I did not

so over-use direct quotations that the paper lacks interpretation or originality. 8) (x ) I

checked yes on steps 1-7 and therefore have been fully transparent about the research and

ideas used in my paper.

Name: __________Alex Lukasiuk____________________________ Date: __________12/10/14________

No comments:

Post a Comment